Monday, August 17, 2009

GULL-Y


My name is Lou Tully and I'm hereby humbly submitting myself as a cumulonimbulanimous member of these cloud gangs. I've gathered that this is for the reportage of generally cool and inexplicable things so mindfuckingly awesome as to leave one's mind fucked and critically awestruck. As a resident of Richmond, VA I often find myself in the midst of unique happenins but it's rare that I come across something so rad that I might say it borders on a spiritual experience. This happened to me when i discovered an artist by the name of GULL. This guy plays drums and guitar at the same time while donning a Dia de Los Muertos inspired skull-face hockey mask with a built in vocoder tricked out with heavy reverb with which he sings and makes weird guttural noises. I cannot describe to you how excellent this guy is nor does the posted video really do him any justice. It ain't a gimmick and it's gotta be seen live and in the flesh and I highly recommend that anyone that finds themselves in the Richmond area check every flier until they see this dude's name on it. I most recently saw him at a duckpin bowling alley on the southside of town called Plaza Bowl that generously hosts local bands and offers more flashing colored lights than that seizure-inducing Japanese cartoon scare in the nineties. GULL killed. Be aware and beware. tully out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYDG_BU1dFA&feature=related
Music Now - Rancid - Bad Moon Rising (CCR Cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment